**NEW** Please keep in mind all information pertaining to CPGCB applies with CACCF. Thank you!
WHY BE CERTIFIED?
- CACCF recognizes specialized skills, knowledge, and experience for those working in the field of problem gambling.
- Certification with CACCF ensures problem gambling clients and their families will receive quality assistance from ethically sound, trained, and experienced specialists.
- To assist Gambling Information Specialists to maintain their standards of skill and knowledge, we allow trainers and educators to have their courses, workshops and conference materials advertised and pre-approved.
- Gambling Information Specialists are often eligible to receive discounted rates on gambling specific workshops and conferences.
WHO MAY BE CERTIFIED?
- All applicants must meet the Standards Criteria set by CACCF
- Any individual working in the field of problem gambling counselling may apply to become certified a Gambling Information Specialist (GIS).
- This designation may be applied for by those supporting both problem gamblers and/or their family members.
- Applicants may include addictions counsellors, social workers, private counsellors, credit counsellors, family, and youth counsellors.
- Canadian and International applicants are welcome to apply for GIS certification.
WHAT IS THE PROCESS?
- Complete your application by emailing us to obtain an Application form
- A review committee will review your application and you will be notified of the results within eight weeks.
- Upon written approval of acceptance, you will be required to send $200 for the certification fee which allows you to use the GIS designation for a two-year period.
- Following receipt of payment, you will receive your certified designation by mail, and will be legally entitled to use the Gambling Information Specialist designation.
All GIS must meet the Re-Certification Criteria to maintain their certification status.